Read below for frequently asked questions for contributing photographers.
Contributors are photographers that upload their images into the Shotzr app. You must be verified first in order to be a contributor.
The first step is to get sponsored! It’s simple. @mention or tag #myshotzr in any of your images on Instagram or Facebook and we will check them out. Watch your DMs for an invite.
Once you are invited. Download the app, get verified, start uploading images, and get some cool swag!
Earn points for each upload. As your images get shared by the Shotzr community, your points get multiplied! Redeem points for great rewards.
Your images can be used for Digital Marketing purposes by Shotzr users (e.g. Social Media Posts, Boosted or Advertised Social Media Posts, Websites, Display and Email Marketing). If users need your images for projects beyond Digital Marketing (for example, in a print ad), you will receive 70% of any revenue generated from these up-license opportunities.
You can convert points to cash and rewards.
Our top contributors earn a few hundred to a few thousand dollars per month. When businesses make paid requests and you respond to them, you keep 70%. When Shotzr makes paid requests, keep 100%. As mentioned above on how your images are used, you will receive 70% of any revenue generated from up-license opportunities.
There are also opportunities to earn additional $ through Shotzr’s Marketing Outreach Program.
Respond to requests as often as possible, upload high-quality images regularly, and be consistent!
- Tap the “+” button at the bottom of the app
- Tap “Share Photo”
- Select Image
- Add Location
- Use a minimum of 5 hashtags
After being verified, we will send you our Tagging Guidelines. But as you get started, please include any relevant #hashtags as well as location information. Please keep in mind that tags are a promise to our users. Tags should be descriptive and accurately describe your image.
Always keep the following tag prompts in mind:
- Location: Although you have noted the location on the map, please be sure to use several location hashtags as well. ie: #BrooklynBridge #DowntownSeattle, #CentralPark, etc.
- Season: #Summer, #Raining, #Spring, #Fall, #Snowing, #Winter, etc.
- Time: #Morning, #Evening, #Sunset, #Night, etc.
- Activity: #Running, #Shopping, #Watching, etc.
- People and Demographic (If people are in the photo.): #People, #Millennial, #BabyBoomer, etc.
Currently, our users can submit requests for content in specific locations or with specific #hashtags. You can see all of our current requests if you tap More>Requests>Other Requests. If you would like to respond to a user’s request then simply upload your images and use the same #hashtags & location that were requested. You may notify the user that you have fulfilled their request by tapping “Respond” within the specific request.
We are looking for your creative best! As for what types of images, the first place to look is our “Requests” tab. You can find this by clicking More>Requests>Other Requests. These are the photos that we need most at this time.
Aside from the requests, we look forward to receiving “Coverage Photos” from your area.
Examples of coverage photos include:
- Iconic locations in your area (locations associated with your town, city or region . ie. Times Square, Statue of Liberty, etc.)
- Events or activities in your area
- Popular neighborhoods
- Hidden Gems (Places around town that a local would truly appreciate.)
- Popular businesses and buildings known to your area
- The general essence of your city
We do not require that your images are taken with a DSLR camera, however, about 80% of the images we receive are. Please note, we also reserve the right to reject any image, for any reason.
Shotzr is available and fully functional for photographers to use around the world. If you receive this message, simply click “OK” to continue forward and begin adding photos to the app. We are available in the app store in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia and New Zealand. We will add Western Europe in the next release.
Please contact us.